Sunday, July 20, 2014

A crochet skirt made of space dyed yarn

I came across this gorgeous pattern on Ravelry and immediately decided to make it. I've got 3 balls of space dyed woolen yarn I bought from the talented girl (little crab yarn) and before that I hadn't really known what to do with them. They were finally somewhere to go!

what it looks like on me

what it looks like laying flat

what the original design (D&G2013) looks like

what the crochet pattern looks like

I'm quite happy with how it turns out. It took almost exactly 3 balls. I repeated the part where the pattern requires, and also repeated the big flowers (Line 4-10) at last. The skirt finally comes a bit big, and doesn't really need a zipper or buttons. I made it a flat piece and this turned out to be a little mistake for colourful yarns like this - the seam will never look natural when sewn together! My mother later started to make a black one and I asked her to crochet rounds instead of the flat piece. Her black yarn looks great as the skirt. She hasn't finished it because the yarn ran out, and she will continue when she's back home.

This skirt now is sometimes worn by me at home as a poncho. Because it contains some cashmere it's quite warm! I might wear it some day out for a yoga or pilates class. After all, that was why I decided to make this skirt at the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment