Monday, May 26, 2014

A few vintage patterns are on their way

I've been editing a few 1950s crochet patterns of blouses and a dress lately. They are simply gorgeous. I will make the final editing of the photos and then put them in my etsy store. The 1930s dressing jackets will also be in the shop in the near future. I just haven't typed them in yet...

crochet patterns of blouses and a dress from the 1950s


Another vintage pattern which is literally "on its way" is a Modes Royale pattern also from the 1950s which I won from an eBay auction yesterday.

a dress sewing pattern by modes royale from the 1950s

It's said to have lost it's cover envelope, but the dress itself is just beautiful, isn't it? The pattern is unused. I wish I could make use of it, even though it's a tiny bust 32 (mine: 38). I'm in love with the neck detail and the wast gathering on both sides of the hip.

I know very little - in fact almost nothing - about this pattern brand. But all the patterns and catalogs I've seen on the internet are very beautiful with lots of surprisingly amazing details. I purchased 2 digital catalogs of this brand on etsy, and I really enjoyed browsing them. (Digitalised everything is so for me, as I'm a collector but have not much space to put my real collections, but digitalised books just take no space at all, in real life!)

According to the book Blueprints of Fahions - Home Sewing Pattern of the 1940s I lately borrowed from my local library, Modes Royale patterns only existed during 1943 - circa early 1960s. But it doesn't say more than that, nor does it provides any pictures of the brand. I think the illustrations of Modes Royale and some of the Vogue patterns are the most beautiful ones of that period.

On the seller's page of this item, she also provides some information of Modes Royale as below:

Modes Royale patterns were sold in the most up-scale department stores in the 1950s and 1960s. They were known for their very stylish dresses and suits.

I will try to find more history about the brand in the future.

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you were born in the wrong era Shel, just like me. I love these dresses, but they don't suit my figure that well. LOL!
    Cheers,
    X

    ReplyDelete