Thursday, May 1, 2014

New Mohair Crochet Project and something about this blog

I must say I've not been very good at sticking to one project and finishing it! One or two weeks ago I tried to create a pattern for ear warmer from a photo of my favourite Taiwanese singer in her 20s (photo taken in the 90s of last century). I spent my spare time from looking after my 2 babies, house keeping stuff, and internet surfing on creating this pattern, until my hubby saw me put it on my son and said, "What's that weird thing? A ear warmer?" His look kind of discouraged me and now I've got no urge to finish it any more!

But since I still love crocheting during my free time, I decide to start a new project with my beautiful space dye mohair yarn. I purchased them from a lady in China who dyed them by herself. The colour is very sweet - sweet exactly like candies! I bought 4 balls and that's all she had for this dye lot.


The colour is very pretty!

I looked through Ravelry (this is really an amazing website for crocheters!) by searching mohair crochet patterns and finally found a very beautiful shawl pattern here, called Flower Power Shawl. As the name shows, it features lovely flowers around. It's got more than 100 projects on Ravelry so you call tell how popular it is! I'm going to make it with the yarn above, and I might use white and pink mohair yarns to make the flowers. If It turns out to be as beautiful as I expect, I might make one more for my daughter even though she's only less than a half year old!

26022011457_small2

© Ekin Deniz

To be honest, I've no idea where this blog will go. I'm right now a vintage lover, crochet addictive, and a pattern collector including sewing patterns and crochet patterns for garments, so probably I will write things about these topics. I used to draw a lot, especially beautiful girls. Now that I'm a vintage lover and a vintage sewing pattern collector, I might try to develop my drawing skills by sketching some girls in vintage dresses soon. I just asked my hubby to bring his Wacom board back. It's time to pick up the pen and draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment