Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Working on the Flower Power shawl / a 1930s crochet pattern book


So this is how the shawl's like right now - I'm still working on it. The flowers from a different kind of mohair yarns seem a bit too overwhelming, but let's wait until I finish the whole thing. Maybe adding a trim will balance the heaviness of the thicker yarn's texture.



I bought a booklet for crocheting dressing jackets from eBay last week, as well as a Madame Weigel's sewing pattern. Both are from the 1930s. The above are the crochet jackets which I'd say are stylish enough for today's wearing out! I asked my hubby to scan the booklet for me, and once it's ready, I will put the patterns on Etsy. So you can expect to make these beautiful blouses!

The sewing pattern's style reminds me of a dress from my friend Jennifer's shop. Here's the comparison:



Both have complicated yet very pretty pleats. The fabric of the dress on the right makes the dress even more feminine! You can go to Jennifer's EadoVintage store to purchase the dress if you can't fight the urge to own it (it's very difficult for me not to buy it)!

Back to my crochet project... I hope I can finish the shawl within this week if my babies allow! Since my mother's not very keen in wearing a floral shawl, it's possible I might put it in my store and sell it. But let's see what it will turn out to be next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment